Hello, and welcome to another post on the Weekly Bullet Journal! Ah… The weather’s rather odd today, yes? Rainy days are my favorite days. The Earth is constantly replenishing the earth with colorless joy. Speaking of color, the week aesthetic is blue~ This week’s shade of blue stands for healing. It’s fascinating how yellow is seen as happy, and blue is seen as saddening. It takes time to heal and sadness is apart of the process. When the dog bites and when the bee stings, and when you’re feeling sad, what do you do to cope?
When I’m feeling sad, I use music to cope with it. This week’s playlist is a collection of songs to maybe help you feel better when you’re sad:
April 8th, 2019 Playlist:
- Epiphany- BTS Jin absolutely killed it on this song, and I feel like a proud mom (even though I’m 13 years younger than him) because he’s so confident in his voice now uwu
- Truth Untold- Steve Aoki
- Rain on Me- Joji
- I don’t love you- Urban Zakapa This song is beautiful, and I love how all of their voices blend perfectly to form this song. When me and my mom don’t get along, I play this song in my room to calm myself down.
- Promise- Jimin Jimin recently released this song. He really puts his soul in his songs when he’s singing, and the breathy(-ness?) notes makes it more heartfelt in my opinion.
- So sad, So sad- Varsity This song has “Chasing Dream” (Echosmith) vibes, no?
- Postcard- Troye Sivan Postcard is just one of those songs you listen to when you miss someone, ya know?
- Why won’t you love me- 5sos The song I listen to when I look at my crush and wish he would just like me back *cries in Australian*
- NYC- Blackbear The national anthem for BIG SAD.
- 26- Paramore
- Hiding- E.views E.views is similar to Joji and Keshi in style, but he’s more upbeat lofi. When I discovered him, I listened to his whole playlist 3 times in a row.
- I don’t wanna be you- Billie Eilish Billie sings “I don’t wanna be you anymore” to a mirror, and honestly it’s the biggest mood.
- Make Up- Sam Kim & Crush Honestly, when me and my best friend fall out, I need advice from Crush and Sam Kim.
- Jocelyn Flores- XXXtentation For a very odd-but understandable- reason, sad songs cheer people up. Maybe it’s because we feel understood.
- Bohemian Rhapsody- QUEEN (psst, the PATD version is even sadder) Galileo must of wronged Freddie Mercury too. I too am angry at the man who proved that the world doesn’t revolve around me >:(
- Serendipity- Jimin
- Cold- Rich Brian
- Goes to Waste- Keshi Keshi is an Asian-American singer-songwriter, and his music is the chill pill you take everyday. Prescription Pills: Keshi; How many to take per night: whether your smoothing out your eyebrows, or mad at someone. Anytime.
- Lie- Jimin
- Every track in the “In Tongues” EP by Joji There’s a lot of controversy on whether or not Joji actually sounds good. My opinion? It sounds good to me, and that’s the tea. It didn’t at first, but I warmed up to it. The lofi style really suits me. It’s chill and I like it~
In last week’s blog, I asked you what your ONE BIG THING was. What was it? Did you complete your goal? Leave a comment below to tell me your progress~ Or, ou may have a different goal. What’s your goal this week?
This week’s advice column:
Beauty refers to everything attractive about you as yourself. The world’s standards lie to people. The standards include things such as “having big breasts make you gorgeous” or “a small nose is cute”. Everyone is beautiful, truth be told, because regardless of what the “World” says, inner beauty is more important.
What we fail to realize is that even though the first ting people see is the outside, the most important people in your life will have the courage to get to know you for who you are. The people that are currently in your life and closest to you have detached themselves from how they first saw you and have explored further into the garden of you mind. Once they understand to some degree who you are as a person, they see you as more desirable; perfect.
People may argue that some people are not beautiful on the inside. As I stated, however, anyone can be beautiful. It is up to the person to show these characteristics of inner beauty. If you know someone who chooses not to, try to convince or inspire them to want to grow inside; maybe it’s time to put the make-up down and let our flower bloom without suffocating underneath greaser.
Of course, there is nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful, but I believe it’s time we check on our relationships with others. Ask yourself: do they love for you for who you are? Mayhaps, it’s also time to reflect on the inside and check how much we love ourselves for us. Let’s love ourselves.
This week’s story is based off my experience this year in the 8th grade. Enjoy~
A Friend in February, Forgotten in April
Written by Makeba Waddy
It had played with my mind many times. The belief that true love possibly could exist is a rather strange notion. My best friends have mentioned their “true loves” many times upon entering elementary school, while I sat alone at the lunch table, watching them flirt with each other. I never did understand boys until middle school, when my eyes met his. Sure, I had to look down considering his height, but he was wonderful. He dared to enter my dreams, where I felt safely detached from reality. He made me mad always. He would pick on me sometimes, but alone- when it was just us two- he was rather sweet.
But then again, these could be delusions. Now I am 13, and upon entering a new school I still do not believe in true love. It comes, and it goes. It’s all a matter of looks and quick exchanges of numbers. Love is a broken swing.
I repeated this even when my eyes met yet another soul. And though I was mesmerized by the confidence in his walk, I knew that love is nothing but a lie. He was taken by a new girl each week, I was sure. He was taken by one girl, and she declared he was perfect for her. She didn’t know love was a broken swing, thus at the same rate she declared “true love”, she continued to declare her heart was broken again and again.
Too many scripts I read preach Romeo and Juliet to the youth, when they haven’t grasped love. Maybe for this reason, I find myself bitterly walking into walls and getting stuck in cycles of attraction and delusion, later finding I have wasted my time. They never like me back as I wait too long to get comfortable. They are comfortable as friends, and I smile as simply I suppress my colorful emotions in an asylum. I sigh as I realize that I will never have a Valentine. I am forever a friend in February.
After reading the Weekly Bullet Journal, you decide to go outside. The cool spring breeze brushes you gently as the sun hugs you tight. Summer’s coming, and you’re fully prepared for the ride.
Why? Because new season, new you. Even if its a small change, like a flower, we must bloom into more colorful people.
Thank you for reading! Comment below any feedback you have (It’s gladly appreciated)!
If you enjoyed this blog, share it with a friend! Stay Unique, stay different and stay posted with The Weekly Bullet Journal (every Sunday/Monday)!
Follow me on Instagram for daily inspiration!
Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see even further.Thomas Carlyle